How many games are there per season?
- Spring - U7 and up 10 games are scheduled with a 8 game guarantee + end of season tournament. U5-U6 12 games are scheduled with a 10 game guarntee.
- Fall - 8 games are scheduled
Games will not be rescheduled or changed other than for weather cancellations. Teams are encouraged to play their games as scheduled and use players from another team for defensive positions during regular season.
WHEN AND WHERE ARE PRACTICES HELD?
Please read: Practice Field Reservations
Practices are held both during the week or on the weekends (prior to the season starting). Currently weekday practice slots run from 5pm to 7:00pm or 7:00pm to 9:00pm. Practice locations are Moore Road, MacArthur Park or Wagon Wheel Field 6. (see map under FAQ, Fields Location)
How many practices are there? With the exception of Blastball which only plays games during the season most rec teams will practice:
- Most teams will practice once during the week. There may also be an additional practice time at the batting cages to focus on hitting.
Rec leagues are designed to be "learning and developmental". All practices are at the coach's discretion.
If a player is assigned to a team and cannot attend the practice due to player schedule conflict, the player may practice with another team. However, the player must participate in games with the team they are assigned. Once teams are formed, players cannot change teams.
THE SEASON, WHEN AND WHERE ARE GAMES PLAYED?
The start of each season varies due to other calendar conflicts however a general estimate is:
- Fall season:
- Practice begins just after school starts in late August.
- Games are scheduled from the first of September and complete before the first of November.
- Spring season:
- Practice begins toward the middle of March.
- Games are scheduled the first of April and complete with an end of season tournament in late May.
Depending on the number of teams in each league games are played on weekday evenings and Saturdays. Weekday games start at 6:15pm. Saturday games start as early as 9am. Select and Premier league might be played on Sunday, starting after 1pm. As a rule of thumb younger ages start earlier in the day on both weekends. Blastball teams only play weekend games unless rainouts.
All Blast Ball through U8 recreational league games are played at MacArthur Park. U9/10 and U11/12 recreational divisions play games at Wagon Wheel Park. U13/14 and U15 and up recreational divisions play at Wagon Wheel Field 6 as well as at other nearby area baseball associations such as Grapevine, Keller, Trophy Club, Flower Mound and Colleyville.
At the end of the Spring season there is an end of season tournament. All U7 and up teams participate in the tournament.
The spring season is the only season that has a tournament. If you are looking for tournament style play you should consider our All Star, Premier League and Select programs.