Blast Ball Rule Exceptions (U3 and U4 League)
- Game length-1 hour.
- No score kept.
- Each team may have 2 coaches on the field of play at all time.
- Each team will bat its entire roster in each inning one compete time, which will constitute a half inning of play. Each turn at bat the batting order will be reversed. (Example: if a player bats last in the 1st inning he/she will bat first in the next inning).
- When at bat, the object is to hit the ball, reach the base and sound the horn before the defensive team fields the ball, holds it above their head and yells “blast”. Each batter will return to the dugout after running to 1st base.
- Each batter will receive a maximum of 6 swings in which to hit a fair ball. A fair ball is any ball between the foul lines and past the 10 foot fair ball arc in front of home plate.
- When on defense, all players will play a defensive position at least 38 feet from home plate. No player shall play catcher.
- The home team will be responsible for setting up the field for the game.
- Coaches will also serve as umpires while on the field.
- All playing fields consist of home plate, a tee, and 1st base loaded with a horn.
- No player shall wear a baseball/softball glove. The game ball is foam rubber and is safe for kids to play without gloves.
- CBA furnishes all equipment for Blast-Ball, consisting of blast balls, batting tee, and Blast Ball 1st base. The coach is responsible for the care and upkeep of the equipment, including returning the equipment to the league after the season. All players must wear team baseball cap and t-shirt supplied by CBA.
- All players must be 3 years old on April 30th for the year participating in Blast-Ball (in the spring season, April 30th of the current year, in the fall season, April 30th of the following year).