Bad weather make-up policy:
- Every season we plan weather challenges into our scheduling. It is CBA policy to allow for 2 "rainout" games per season. For example, in the spring we generally schedule 10 games but won't makeup games unless we drop below a 8 game season per team. If we have no rain outs, everyone will play 10 games.
The City of Coppell controls field availability and generally updates field status as follows:
- Weekdays approximately 3:30 PM
- Saturday's approximately 7:30 AM
- Sunday's approximately 12:00 noon
Please check field status on The City of Coppell Park and Recreation web site or call their weather hot line. This information is always on the main page of our web site.
If weather moves in during play:
- The coaches, umpires and CBA board member on field duty will consult regarding starting new games, continuing play or resuming delayed games. Our main concern is for the safety of our players, our CBA families and spectators.
- Should the lightning detectors sound at any field EVERYONE must leave the fields and wait for the all clear in the parking lot, preferably in your vehicles. The all clear is a series of 3 loud beeps in sequence.
- Depending on the remaining schedule if a game has been delayed more than 30 minutes play may be stopped. This is to attempt to keep remaining games on schedule. If a game has completed 2 innings of play, the game will not be made up.
Rained out games may be rescheduled in the order in which they were rained out by the league scheduler at the earliest available time. The scheduler shall notify both involved managers when he/she determines the date and time of the game. Schedulers will consider the number of games per week played by each team in rescheduling the games.